2K Games and Firaxis Games announced today that Second Wave content is now available for XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, the Xbox 360 PS3. The Second Wave content allows fans to choose a variety of new gameplay modifiers to enhance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience after completing the main campaign. The Second Wave content is available free of charge and is issued via a downloadable* title update to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
The XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave content offers a series of advanced gameplay options that unlock a new level of depth, challenge and replayability. The Second Wave content includes:
• Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
• New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
• Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
• Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
• Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
• Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
• The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
• Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
• Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
• High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
• Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
• More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Second Wave content is the second of two add-ons for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. With the Slingshot Content Pack, the first add-on content for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, players meet an enigmatic Triad operative, divert an alien ship’s course, and do battle with the aliens in the skies over China in a new set of linked Council missions. The Slingshot Content Pack includes three new maps tied to the Council missions, a new playable squad character with a unique story and voice, and new character customization options. The Slingshot Content Pack is available for £5.49 (PlayStation Network) /560 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE online entertainment network) / £5.49(Windows PC).
Developed by the strategy experts at Firaxis Games, XCOM: Enemy Unknown has won more than 50 end-of-year awards worldwide to date. Released in October 2012 XCOM: Enemy Unknown was reviewed by ourselves and received a superb 4.5 out of 5 stars.