Team NINJA, which has previously announced that its upcoming DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS for PlayStation Vita will feature cross-platform matches and shared saved data and in-game purchases, today revealed this process and functionality in more detail. As the game’s March 22nd launch approaches, the developer is finalizing its strategy to give players a seamless Dead or Alive 5 experience across console and handheld platforms while delivering maximum value.
- § Hardware icons will appear next to player names in cross-platform battles to indicate whether they are playing on PS3 or PS Vita
- § Cross-platform battles will run at 60fps on both platforms so there will be no lag or slowdown even when playing on different devices
- § All characters that have been unlocked on PS3 can be used on PS Vita—and vice versa
- § In-game rankings will show whether players are on PS Vita or PS3
- § Using the PS Store, DLC purchases will be shared across both platforms so players can pay a single price while getting dual platform use
- § Over 100 costumes have been delivered to date as DLC, and the cross-platform transfer allows players to preserve their collection while getting new gameplay options with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS on PS Vita
CROSS-PLATFORM GAME SAVES AND UNLOCKED CONTENT
- § Saved games on PS Vita or PS3 can be used on the other platform, so gamers can play on the go and then bring their progress back to the console (or vice versa)
- § All unlocked content on one platform is available on the other platform; for instance, Tina’s Legend Swimsuit earned by completing Legend mode in Arcade mode without continuing will be available on PS3 if earned on PS Vita
- § “Any new stages for DOA5 on PS3, will also be available on DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS for PS Vita”
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS brings the signature DOA fighting style to PS Vita with all-new system-specific features complementing the stunning graphics and new martial arts techniques of the recent console release. Players will take on the roles of the cast of DOA fighters in an action-packed brawler set in visually striking international locales, with each stage featuring interactive backdrops. With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail.